Sample Scene
This is the first scene I have ever written.
It is for my short film titled "Penny Wishes"
It is about a little girl who makes a wish for her fantasy world to come true, and it does! She faces the ordeals of dealing with this world, and the adults that do not believe her.
EXT. LOCAL ZOO – LATER THAT DAY
Hayley (9) and her mother (35) are looking at the zebras. We can see a fountain and crowds of people walking around and looking at the animals in the background. It is sunny and there is a cool fall breeze blowing.
Hayley turns around and sees the fountain behind her. She recently learned that by throwing a penny into a fountain and making a wish with it would come true.
HAYLEY
(Tugging on mothers jacket)
Mommy?
MOTHER
(Looks down at Hayley)
Yes, sweety?
HAYLEY
Can I have a penny to throw into the fountain?
We see the mother reach into her purse and search for a penny for Hayley. There is no penny to be found and a look of despair is seen on the mothers face.
MOTHER
I’m sorry sweety. Doesn’t look like I have a penny for you.
HAYLEY
Oh no.
Looks very sad and has a tear in her eye. Head is down.
MOTHER
I have a nickel you could throw in. Will that work?
HAYLEY
Mommy. You can only make wishes with pennies!
Hayley, determined, begins to look all around her on the ground to see if there is a fallen penny for her to throw into that fountain.
We see a glisten to the left and Hayley looks over at the glisten. She has found a penny to throw.
HAYLEY
Mommy! I found a penny! Can I go throw it into the fountain?
MOTHER
Why of course dear. Lets go over there right now so I can keep an eye on you.
We see Hayley and her mother walk over to the fountain.
Hayley approaches the fountain, penny tight in hand. She holds the penny up to her face and looks at it.
HAYLEY
(Wispering)
I wish…
We cannot hear the rest of what Hayley wishes for.
DISSOVE
TO:
INT. BEDROOM – THE NEXT MORNING
We see Hayley waking up from a good nights sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment