Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Event Management

For the last two weeks I have been really thinking what I want to do with my life, especially after we went to Moncton, NB for my uncles funeral. My aunt is what and where my inspiration came from. She is involved with event management she works for the company Le Gauelt Companies, and they do the set up and design for trade shows, formal dinners, and weddings. Me personally, I have always enjoyed planning how something would look at a party, and putting decorations up even if it were just baloons and streemers. No schooling is required really, unless I wanted to do even planning at the same time.. then a few business classes is easy enough. It is all about finding the right company and showing them you can do it. I'm pretty sure I can.
Here is a picture of a chandalier my aunt made. Photo cred: Karen Dion
Tonight I'm helping to set up and decorate the Athens swim team banquet. And in May I am going to do major set up and help for the Senior banquet at my church for all the 2009 graduates. Possible things to put on a resume I guess, and pictures to put into a portfolio to show off the work I can do.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks babe. I guess hard work does pay off.. We'll have to see in the long run.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...