Thursday, June 25, 2009

Just a Spanking

The latest issue of In Touch magazine has really got me in a big heat. On the cover it shows Kate Gosselin giving her daughter Leah a spanking. Curious as to what it said I flipped open the magazine to page 36. I started reading. Inside it was said that Leah had missed behaved and Kate used her form of punishment; a spanking.
Now I remember back when I was little, I received quite a few spankings. Whether it be for hitting my brother or talking back to my parents. Somehow it seemed to be the only thing that worked and made me not do that bad thing again. The thought of getting a spanking made me fearful of them, making them work. If I were sent to my room, or to sit on the stairs or even write the dreaded "lines" did nothing for me. What did those teach me?
A spanking hurts yes, but its not beating. I think that people consider a spanking to be beating, so if anyone see this happen its considered child abuse. So if a person who is under the media spotlight 24 hours a day, of course this is a good cover story. Yes the story did catch my attention, but when I read it I became angry about it. I had to come here to rant, and to my Facebook of course too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...