Is it really so hard for some people to be polite? If you want help, ask nicely for it. Don't tell me what to do. I had an incident today at work where a customer demanded me over to them. I was in the middle of folding a huge pile of sweaters. I look up at the customers walking around in the store looking at this and that. I look over at this one girl looking at the mannequins. She looks over at me and shouts in broken english, "where's this sweater?" Well there are 2 mannequins there both wearing sweaters. I walk over and ask her what sweater she was looking for and she points at this long grey one. I find it for her and ask her if she would like a change room and she tells me she can do it herself. Get her a room nicely, no thank you for her. When she came out I asked her how it fit. She just looks at me, hands over the sweater and just says, "no" and walks out of the store.
How hard was it for her to be polite to me? Even other people who don't speak very good english are very polite. I guess I'm the better person for being polite to anyone that is helping me out with something.
Next rant.. McDonald's and how they can never get my order right.
I used to work part time at a clothes store and I can sympathise fully. Some people are just miserable and feel the need to take it out on others.
ReplyDeleteCool blog btw, I'll be back :)
I used to think the same thing when I worked at Panera Bread and a grocery store. People are so rude for no reason. That's why I'm never rude to waitresses or store workers because I've been in their shoes.
ReplyDelete