Saturday, November 21, 2009

Clothing Etiquette

When looking for a shirt in a size that happens to be at the bottom of a pile.. what do you do? Neatly search throught the pile until you find your size and carefully take it out. Or just tear through the pile leaving clothes everywhere?

I find that working at a clothing store these days, people have no consideration to the amount of work that us employees put into during a shift. As I have always been a shopper, I always took the time to look neatly and try not to mess up piles too much. Put my clothes back onto the hangers when I try them on, common curtisy. But I'm in the dressing rooms sorting through all the clothes people don't want, and I come to a room with about twenty or so shirts just stroon all over the small dressing room. I'm not sure how people remove items of clothing, but if they take their clothes off at home the same way they take them off when they try something on, they must have one hell of a laundry issue. The good employee I am, I smile and help the customer with what ever they need. Sort the clothes and get them back onto the sales floor as quickly as possible. I love it.


I got these Sexy Boot jeans for work (seeing that I work at The Gap) I love them. They have this "already been worn" feel, they are so soft. Surprisingly they are long enough that I have to roll them up when I wear flats, but the perfect length if I were to wear them with heals.. they drape the heal perfectly. I'm over 5'8" so finding jeans that do this is a difficult task.













Photo Cred - www.gap.com

2 comments:

  1. Ooh you work at the Gap! I love it there! Their jeans and hoodies are all over my closet :)

    I agree about people being completely anal about this. I think it's a norm, being inconsiderate. They litter, not thinking about who's going to actually pick your trash up, and they mess up the piles of clothes in stores thinking they magically fold themselves back. Hang in there, good perks I see ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check out the jeans there, I am 5'9" and always have issues finding pants that are long enough.

    Customers can be so rude. I also work in a customer service job and it never ceases to amaze me how strange people can be.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...