Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Challenge 2009: Dec. 31 - Goodbye 2009

December 31 Resolution you wish you’d stuck with. (You know, there’s always next year…)

First off, I cannot believe that 2009 is already over. This year went by so fast. To add, I cannot believe that it's the end of a decade. Ten years ago we were freaking out about Y2K and now look where we are. A whole decade later. This is the first decade I remember going through all the way. I don't remember the years of 1990-93, I was too little. This was the first decade of my adult life.

Now I never make resolutions, I think they're silly and I just wouldn't be able to commit. I always hope for the best in a year. In high school I wished I'd find a boyfriend and be prettier. Now I just hope for a healthy and happy year.

I have spent the last three New Years with Frank. I am so lucky to have gotten to spend all those New Years with him. We have out little bubble of friends here, but to have each other is such a huge blessing. In reality we are all each other needs. We get to dress up and get a New Years kiss from each other at midnight. I'm looking forward to tonights' festivities with him.

This year started off pretty well. I didn't know what I wanted to do or where I wanted to go. Moving to LA with Frank seemed like a distant dream and we thought it would never happen. I struggled to figure out what I wanted to do with my life and I went back and forth to Toronto a lot. Seems like August was so long ago, when we found out we'd be coming here. I've lived here for three months already and I can't figure out where the time has gone. It has brought Frank and I closer together, and the feeling is so amazing. I can't wait to see what 2010 has in store for me and for him, and for us. I can definitely tell though, that 2010 will be a great year.


Happy New Year Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...