I saw my endocrinologist this morning. A check up to see how my blood sugars were doing and to also see how my thyroid is. All and all a good appointment. My sugars are doing alright, I'm just under 6 months diagnosed and it takes up to a year to get fully regulated. She did like where my numbers were going. My thyroid isn't as swollen as it was which is good. My meds are working.
She then looked at my feet. When you have diabetes you need to take extra care for your feet. They are the furthest away from your heart and susceptible to infections if not taken care of properly. I've had an on again, off again rash on my feet since I was diagnosed in August. Some days it's really clear and other days my feet are in pain and I can't move my toes. I've had people ask about it, even a "friend" look at them in disgust. I'm embarrassed by it. The doctor first asked if it were psoriasis. She did a quick search on her computer and named off some medical term, which basically came down to an allergy to gluten. I won't know what it is for sure until my lab work comes back in a week or so, and then after I see the dermatologist.
On one hand I like that I'm getting better and my body is finally going to be. Diagnosis' are being made and we're getting somewhere with it all. But it's a down side if I am allergic to gluten. Another adjustment in what I can and can't eat. Gluten is in almost everything I eat. How does a cereal obsessed person give up her favorite cereal? What ever it is, I know I will manage. I have no other choice. I want to be healthy.
Aw girl diabetes is no joke. I cant believe it makes your feet have rashes and where you cant move your toes, im sorry :/ but at least you are keeping up your sugars
ReplyDeletethat stinks :( But the most important thing is to be healthy!
ReplyDelete