So I mentioned I would post what I did for Frank. Well Here it is.
Pretzels with melted Rolo's.
Except I noticed as I was making them that I had bought salt free pretzels.
Palm on head.
And I might have over baked them.
They were pretty delish I have to say though. Carmel was a bit chewy, but what what else happens when you melt/bake carmel?
Then it was onto the bacon. I made him chocolate covered bacon.
I used a maple flavor and semi sweet chocolate. So yummy.
No actual pics with the chocolate on them like I had planned.
- Bake in the oven at 400ºF until bacon is cooked to your liking. Crispy
- Let cool
- Melt 1 Cup semi sweet chocolate
- Slather the bacon in the chocolate
- Let chocolate harden in refrigerator
- Let cool
- Melt 1 Cup semi sweet chocolate
- Slather the bacon in the chocolate
- Let chocolate harden in refrigerator
When Frank picked up for dinner, he showed up with these pretty guys in his arms.
Roses
AND lilies! My favorites!
So pretty. And they smell nice too. I love having flowers in the house.
I also got him a card. Obviously. And a cute little book from Urban called A Lovely Love Story. It's about two little dinosaurs that fall in love. So cute. I had to buy it when I saw it. I also made a little crochet basket out of pink yarn I had. It ended up being smaller than I had hoped, and a bit on the floppy side. The yarn was pretty soft and thin. But he liked it a lot. Only took me four hours to make (a little less time when I found a pattern. Not so good at making up patterns yet.)
Out sushi dinner was yummy. The salmon (big eye) and tuna (blue fin) sushi was so good. Just melted in your mouth. The rolls were good, as usual, too. Just enjoying dinner with my sweet love was nice.
I really need to take a new picture of us.
what a yummy valentine's day. =)
ReplyDelete