Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Ten On Tuesday


Slightly bored right now. I saw this on Angela's blog, decided to link up with the original at Roots and Rings, and play too. ITS ABOUT FOOD! One of my favorite things out there.

1.  What condiments are always, always in your fridge?
The norm; Ketchup, mustard and relish. Soy sauce, sesame seed oil and some salad dressing, usually Zesty Italian

2.   How do you like your steak cooked?  Your burgers?
WELL DONE! The red meat freaks me out. Especially in burgers.

3.  What’s your favorite use for fresh tomatoes?
Paired with mozzarella or bocconcini cheese, covered in olive oil, salt and pepper. Always a good side at a dinner party. I also like fresh tomatoes on buttered toast with mayo. Something I once thought was icky, but now I really enjoy it. ((thanks mom!))

4.  What’s your go-to dinner when you haven’t planned anything in advance and you don’t feel like going out?
Depends on what we have in the fridge. Our go-to dinners are usually take out, and usually Chipotle. 

5.  What’s your favorite snack food lately?
These things from Ralph's called Rugulah. Its like a croissant with jam or chocolate in it. Complete with 4g carbs. Always a fruit fan. Oh and Grasshopper cookies. A thin mint thats year round, frozen of course.

6.  What’s your favorite weekend breakfast to make at home? 
If I actually want to take my time and make something good, it's pancakes, scrambled eggs and bacon. Love breakfast foods.

7.  What’s your favorite thing to grill?  How do you do it? 
I don't grill. Frank does. But sadly we don't own one right now. Once we get one I'm sure he'll have some fun cooking steaks and hopefully some ribs! Nom

8.  What’s your favorite wine for under $10? If you’re not a wine person, what brand of beer is your favorite?
I never buy my own wine. It's always been a gift or something served at someone's house. I know Trader Joe's has a great red wine thats around $10. I'll purchase some Woodchuck Apple Cider from BevMo, it's $6.95 and so so tasty.

9.  Give us your most delicious cocktail recipe.
Lifesavers. My mom has the recipe. It's green, has pineapple juice and goes down easy.

10.  How do you like your eggs?
Depends on how I want to eat them. Usually make scrambled, because Frank is a fan of my scrambie eggs. I prefer mine over easy as a breakfast sandwich. My lunch today was a fried egg on a bagel with shredded mozzarella cheese and some turkey. Deep fried eggs are good when you've had a bit to much to drink the night before. Something about greasy breakfasts cure "hangovers."

2 comments:

  1. ZESTY ITALIAN, OM NOM!!! Also, we also love Sesame Seed Oil and Peanut Oil! Yum!

    I want the Lifesavers recipe! That sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta have all my meat well done too! haha The roomie and i have sooo many condiments it's sad really. We'll have no food, but we'll have 3 kinds of jam and 4 salad dressings lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...