Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Recap

I finally had my review today. Sadly not with my old GM, but with our current temp GM. Overall, good review. I scored above target in the end. Obviously I know my stuff. 

Eyes are open to what I need to work on. I do get flustered in big groups, especially when it's a visit from corporate. But our temp GM said he would work with me to move me up and get me confident in those situations. At least there were no negative comments. Just ways to make me better. work really hard with me to get me to move up. Even if its me observing grade 4's in different stores to see how it really goes. At least I now make over $9/hr... blerg.

I'm still upset/bitter about the other girl getting promoted. But what ever. Our other manager gives me the chance to do more. Trusts me to get things done and direct others. To make sure the floor is taken care of and looks good at all times. I never have to be baby sat. That makes me feel good. Also getting "thank you" texts from my managers also helps and goes a very long ways for me. Not only with my confidence but just in general. Today I got to move all the mens shirts around. Forgot to take pictures but I think I did a good job with what I did. It'll all change again Thursday anyways.

I'm still gonna branch out. This is just a job for me, to make money. If I move up, I move up. If another, better, opportunity arises I'll take it. It is not a career. I'm just going to live life day to day. Stop sweating the small stuff and just be happy with where my life is. My life is so far from bad. I have an amazing boyfriend/husband. I live in an amazing city. My health is getting better every day (even if the online pharmacy sucks.) I have a job. Our friends here are awesome. We're moving soon, condo hunting is so fun! Just knowing a lot of exciting things are coming both mine and Frank's way, just makes me happy.

1 comment:

  1. That's the way to do it.
    So glad your review went well!

    Keep your head up girly!

    <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...