Friday, August 5, 2011

This Weeks Events + What I Wore (on Tuesday)

This past week we've had some cool, and crazy, events happen at the store. We were expecting celebrities to show up on Tuesday, but PR switched it to Thursday. I'll get to that. Needless to say my body is exhausted. After working 7 days in a row, traveling 5000 miles away, then jumping back into the work bandwagon, I need a good rest. Or a real vacation.

Pico de Gallo in Los Angeles made a whole taco truck for us! The truck was completely Gapped out (Pico de Gap.) Promoting this falls, "Beyond Blue" campaign. They are doing a two month tour all over LA. But they are also doing tours around NYC, Chicago and San Fran! It's pretty exciting. Top Chef Marcel was even there preparing tacos! They were delicious! 

Yesterday (Thursday) was the big celebrity day. Thankfully I don't watch a lot of the shows the celebs were on so I didn't really know who they were. The "big" names included were Sarah Silverman, Nikki Reed (Twilight), Alexa Vega (Spy Kids), Spencer Grammer (Greek) & Dave Annable (Brothers and Sisters.)  All the craziness occurred when Nikki and Alexa came in at 6pm (an hour before closing and when I was supposed to clock out.) Paparazzi swarmed the door and windows. The store, that had just been replenished from earlier in the day, was turned upside down. Clothes everywhere! The PR people went crazy with them. We somehow comped last year and made some money despite giving away thousands of dollars of clothes to these people. Someone can give me clothes any day!

Well I wanted to share what I wore on Tuesday. Had to be super Gapped out. Gap's European shirt dress. A little warm for the 90 degree day we had + running around from 7A til 3P. But it will be a perfect outfit come LA fall starts. Probably around the end of October/November.

 Eyes closed. Whoops.


2 comments:

  1. You looked so lovely! ^_^ I remember when Jen and I had to get ready for big day when we were working - like Memorial Day when we worked for a vacation spot, or the day - seriously - 500 or so bikers came to our little GAS STATION store! ^_^ The latter we weren't ready for. ;)

    They're crazy busy, yeah, but so much fun to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole outfit is perfect! I love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...