Friday, October 7, 2011

What I Wore & Then Some

TGIF? If it is even Friday. The past two weeks have just been crazy for me. I've worked almost 80 hours. Thats a lot of time in retail. I am physically and mentally exhausted. Looking forward to having Sunday and Monday off. Just need to get through a 9 hour shift tomorrow with only me and one of my managers working. 1969 will be holding us captive. See if we make it out alive!

Any who. I wanted to share what I wore to work, yesterday. My manager comes up to me and is like, 

"Did I tell you how cute you look today? You look like a celebrity on a day off. Your outfit is simple, but done so well."

Needless to say I was very flattered. So I had Frank snap some photos of it when I got home from work.

Shirt & Jeans - Gap
Jean fit - Skinny Boot.

Probably one of the most comfortable pares of jeans I own. I call them my "pajama jeans" because of how comfy they are. They don't stretch out and give you a saggy bum and they make your legs look super skinny. Fitted through the calf with a small bootcut opening. Love them.

I've been wondering where people find the time to do all of their amazing craft projects between work and other things. I come home and just don't have the energy to do anything, even cook. Maybe I'm not really used to the busy hours I've been getting. But I just feel drained after a long day. Sometimes there just isn't enough hours.

The scarf has been a huge hit! and I have decided to launch a shop on aiming for, November 01! I plan to spend this month preparing for it. Making my products and getting supplies. Of course coming up with a good name. Who knows, maybe if I make it to 100 followers I will do my first ever give away. I'm excited for this to happen. I really think I can do this.

Exciting things are also in the works for me with work. After over a year of "talk," saying I'll be getting training to move up in the company, it is finally happening. I'm going to another store next Friday to train as a leader (on duty.) I'm already nervous. I haven't had a leader in over a year and a half, let alone go through the rallies at the beginning of shifts. We do it differently at 1969. It will definitely be a new experience. But I'm excited that I'm finally going somewhere and not just staying a sales associate. Though I would be really sad to leave my store on Robertson.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Your outfit IS adorable!!! <3 LOVE IT. You really do look like a celebrity on her day off. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. The outfit is cute! I love how effortless it is! Jeans and tees are some of my favorite things to wear but I can never pull it off as well as you do.

    I am so sooo sooo excited for your store. Please let me know if there is anything I can help you out with!!!

    AND I am soo happy that you are finally getting the company to appreciate you!!!

    <3 you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your new training, I'm sure you'll do great! I'm still job searching :/

    I like your outfit too, gray is always a winner in my book!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...