I have constant text messages back and fourth to all my girl friends in Canada. Putting an effort into friendships like that means a lot. I know I'm not going to see them often anymore, and it makes me so sad, but I know that when I do get to see them it will be one awesome time. Not sure what I'm trying to say or get to, I just wish people who say they are my friend, actually acted like it.
I've gone through way too much shit and drama with friends in the past, and now that I am twenty something all the drama is just childish and a waste of time.. and again.. very high school. I have been so done high school since before I even started going. What makes me want to go back to all that drama now? No. If you want to be my friend, be nice - not shady. Make an effort - don't avoid me. If you have a problem with me - talk to me, not your other friend to talk to me. Oh, of course you have to be awesome too ((in my eyes)) Not too hard. Anyone up for the challenge?
Isn't it strange how the friends you have from "home" are always the best ones? I have been away from my "home" girls for almost four years now and they are still the best friends ever. Living in a new city, it's really hard to make good girlfriends. I do think that you do need to go through a little drama with new friends so you know if the friendship is worth maintaining. You know? It takes a long time to foster a good friendship. The best friends I have at "home" and I have been through all sorts of shit together and that's what makes the friendship so sweet. That no matter how much stuff we've gone through or will go through we'll always be besties.
ReplyDeleteOh man I can TOTALLY relate to this. That was one of the main reasons I wanted to go overseas to school was because I had these grand delusions that I would be able to make more friends in a new place. But I was completely wrong. I haven't made one single friend since living here for the past 7 months and that's not through lack of trying! Now moving back home, I'm going to try to re-hatch those old friendships that had gone a bit sour. I don't know if it's worth the effort but I'll give it a go. It would be so nice to have friends that actually want to hang out and talk about other stuff besides work or whatever. Or just somebody to confide in because it feels like the people I call friends don't really fit into that category either :\
ReplyDeletethanks. glad to see i'm not alone.
ReplyDelete