Isn't everyone supposed to have a chance to feel better when they get sick? Every other country in the world has it. So what if tax dollars go towards it, I'd rather my dollars go towards that than towards a better road to drive on. I thought America was a land of freedom and equality; your not equal if your sick with a disease and have no health insurance to cover the costs. Well, I have no health insurance. What happens to me if I were to get very sick. I have no job or money to pay for squat. Luckily I haven't been sick in the last year, but what if I do next week. Glad I'm Canadian too so I can get my health card and just get checked in here and not have to pay a cent to get looked after.
I completely agree! I loved the fact that I had free health care when I lived in England, but now that I'm back living in the states, I have to pay 200 dollars a month for basic health care. And I don't have a job, so I'm pissing money away just in case I get sick. It's completely ridiculous.
ReplyDeleteRepublican Health Care Plan = Don't Get Sick
ReplyDeleteyay for being canadian, I do love our healthcare system.
ReplyDeleteTo be fair though, 'every other country' doesnt have universal health care. and the countries that do, vary greatly in what they cover. some drugs some not, some emergencies some not, some EMS some not, other parts of the health care team like physio, prolonged life support, palliative care and so on.
My friend called an ambulance when his dad collapsed. He had to pay 100 dollars cause the ambulance team declared it not an emergency, even though in route they had to intubate him. If thats not an emergency I don't know what is.