Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Challenge 2009: Dec. 24

December 24 Learning experience. What was a lesson you learned this year that changed you?

There are always things I am learning every year, month and even day. I continue to grow and improve myself to become a better person.

This year I have learned how to listen more completely. I have always had an issue with taking everything so seriously and it has always caused strain on relationships I've had with many people. It's really hard for me to take criticism and i always seem to hear it in the wrong tone, the wrong way; that's when I over react and hurt people. For me it's not something easy to just get over, but I don't want to hurt people I love.

I don't want to hurt Frank and I know I have. We want to stay in a loving relationship. A relationship that we both want to last forever. It means learning to accept criticism and to listen to the words that he is really saying to me, not just what I hear him saying. I've been trying really hard, and because of this I feel our relationship is better and stronger that it ever has been.

2 comments:

  1. It's always hard to really LISTEN to someone. Kudos to you for taking that step!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tht is so true...you need to be patient...understanding and take pains to relate to what the person means and feels...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...