Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Challenge 2009: Dec. 9

December 9 Challenge. Something that really made you grow this year. That made you go to your edge and then some. What made it the best challenge of the year for you?

Since early summer 2008 I feel like I started to grow in a different way. I decided then not to return back to my program I was attending in college. I had to start thinking about what I wanted to do, but also stay occupied by working. It was hard to see all of my friends and roommate attend school and having fun in their classes, but not to be there as well. I missed the people from Media Arts and the classes we had together. It got especially hard when my job required me to work early shifts on the weekends, not allowing me to go out with my friends at night. I started to feel distant and lonerish because I didn't get to spend time, or because I was to tired to go out in the evenings. I tried my hardest to make time for them on my days off. I even started to suck it up on Friday and Saturday nights and go out.

It all soon changed when I took the plunge and moved back to Michigan with hopes in becoming more financially stable. It was hard not seeing them at all. I did, however, start to see and hang out with girls from my high school. I started to grow in a new way. I was starting to become more independent on myself. I was letting new people in and not letting the best ones out. I was building relationships with adults that had kids older than me. I was just growing up in general.

You see me write about friendships and the struggles I've had with them. But I'm happy for the friends I do have in my life. I wouldn't be the same person if it weren't for them. They helped me grow up in different ways I can't even explain. They stayed with me when I wasn't around much anymore, especially in the year 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...