I have never been a huge fan of Valentine's. It's very Hallmark. The gifts you are meant to give your significant other or the romantic things he is supposed to do for you. You can definitely get your hopes up. I am so glad to have found someone who doesn't think Valentine's Day is a huge deal.
It is our fourth Valentine's together. Each year we give each other simple things from the heart. Wasn't too hard to do for the last three years because we were in school and on a very limited budget. This year however we still didn't go all out. I don't want to go all out. I don't want crazy presents. I would rather receive and give him something that is thoughtful and from the heart. I always try to do that.
We have a tradition that started on our first V-day. Sushi. We always go for a sushi dinner on February 14. It is always amazing and always a good time. Just nice to have him for company. He is my best friend and we always have something to talk about. No awkward silences, at all, between us.
The delicious red velvet cupcake from Big Sugar bakeshop on Ventura Blvd in Studio City. There is just something so amazing about cupcakes. They are so cute and so yummy. Red velvet has to be one of my favorite flavors of cupcake/cake. Included in that would have to be; Funfetti from a box with rainbow chip frosting. Also a new fan of cream cheese frosting. You need to try it! (my highlights look pretty there!!)
One of the prettiest bouquets of roses I've received. White with pink tips. These two things I received last night so they wouldn't go bad or wilt. So cute. The aroma they are filling the room is amazing. You can also see the picture of Frank and I when we went to the Toronto Zoo almost three years ago.
Also a little glimps of my authentic drawing of Ariel (from The Little Mermaid) Drawn by Glenn Keane, Ariel's character designer.
Now this was the gift I got this morning. Hug time. Frank always says that the hug I give him when he returns home from work is the best part of his day. So he got me this book because of that. Pretty sure I read this book as a child, and I will for sure read this book to my children when that day comes. Until then, I have this cute little book to read when I'm feeling down to get a hug. I have the best boyfriend.
I hope all had a great Valentines Day!
happy valentine's day! :D
ReplyDeleteSo cute! Happy Valentine's Day!
ReplyDeleteI love Funfetti cake, it's the best ever! And those roses are gorgeous.
ReplyDelete