Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring Awakening

The calender says spring is here and so does the daylight. Staying light until 7 is still something I'm getting used to. But what does spring bring. It's different from what I've grown up with.

I've been to the beach when it was still winter and got a good tan. I've been wearing open toed shoes since moving to California, even through "winter," and only wearing a light jacket or hoodie as well. 

What I have really been enjoying about this spring is the amount of flowers that bloom. The air has smelled so fresh since the beginning of March that I'm sad for them all to wilt. I guess all the rain we had in January and February helped with that. I've never seen grass as bright a green as here either, that too will change to a crispy brown color come May. The sun has been shining and the rain seems to have gone away for the most part. Riding my bike when ever I can is a plus as well. Best way to enjoy the beautiful weather before it gets too hot. 

Taken at The Greeter's restaurant in Laguna Beach, CA

Sipping fraps on a patio and wearing tank tops all day is awesome. I laugh when I see someone dressed in a winter coat and Ugg's when it's 80ยบ out. I promise to never do that. I will always appreciate the warmth El Ehh has to offer me.

I can't believe tomorrow is April. More like in the next 8 minutes here. It's so crazy how fast the time is going. Frankie's birthday is next week and his parents are visiting. My mother was just here, and all my friends back home are graduating. Well most of them are at the end of the month.

Easter is Sunday and I plan to spend it working away at 1969. Also going to make some yummy cupcakes to bring and share with my co-workers. Pastels to add to the spring theme!

Vanilla cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.. Made from scratch. Yes I'm bragging because they were delicious!

I wanna decorate Easter eggs!!
Tell me about your spring plans.

1 comment:

  1. yum, those cupcakes look GOOD!
    I can't believe it's April either.. if time keeps doing this to me, I fear I'll wake up 80 years old before I know it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...