If anyone watches Seinfeld, and knows most of the episodes, you'd know about the ep where Elaine can't sleep because of here neighbors yapping dog. Well, I feel like I'm about to be in/in this situation now. She ends up getting Newman to get rid of the dog himself.
A few weeks ago a guy moved into the empty apartment two down from ours (I guess ours is smack dab in the middle of our row) and he has a few dogs, well three dogs to be exact. I work all weekend, most the other people that live here do not. I try to get myself to bed at a reasonable time as to not be terribly tired when my alarm goes off. Well, I believe it was Friday night. I needed to be up by 8:15 Saturday morning to get ready for work. I lay my head down after turning my light out and reading a bit of The Time Travelers Wife, only to hear, "bark, bark bark.........." This lasted for what I think was an hour before I finally fell asleep. I think it was around 3AM or so.
Yesterday I switched starting times and took an earlier shift. I'm in the kitchen at 7:30A getting coffee and cereal only to hear the barking, but close. I peek out our back door window to see the little dogs running in the alley and barking. Their owner, this new guy, was just telling them to come here and shut up. Literally. I found it quite rude. Luckily I was awake.
This morning, I hear it again. I open my eyes, look at the time and start poking Frank. He was still fast asleep and didn't budge. The dogs were running around the yard at 7:48A BARKING, with the guy just telling them to shut up once. How considerate eh? Not only do I know expect to be woken up every morning around that time, but to listen to it most nights while I try to fall asleep. I'm not sure what I should do about this.
What would you do if this were happening to you?
Oh! Last Sunday as Frank was putting our wet clothes into the dryer, he saw our neighbor put her dogs bed into the washer. We have two washers to share amongst all the people that live here ((20 units)) and she's washing her dirty, disgusting dog bed where I wash my unmentionables?!
that really sucks. They probably won't be able to do much about their dogs barking. The dogs won't stop unless they're trained when to be quiet & it sounds like that's not the case. You could ask that they try to keep the barking down that way they know it Is an issue and don't assume everyone is up later on weekends anyway. Then hopefully when they will start trying to teach them to be quiet.
ReplyDeletewe have dogs & know to bring the dogs in if they start barking after a certain time since our neigbors did politely let us know they have to be up obscenely early most mornings. So we do our best. Thankfully our dogs only bark at people who linger in the area or to be let inside & not just for the fun of it.
if you don't care for the dog beds to be washed there I'd take it up with the landlord or whoever is in charge of the washers. Any time I washed a dog bed in the past I'd have to wash something I wasn't wearing next like the towels we clean spills with. Otherwise doghair was still in there. So I wouldn't care for their doing that unless they cleaned out the washer afterwards.
good luck with all of it! Hopefully they aren't the kind of people who care less about other people when it comes to their pets' behavior.
ahh
ReplyDeleteif it didnt get better soon i'd mention it to the landlord. Better not to deal with your neightbor's directly, I've had bad experiences lol