Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

There are so many things this year to be thankful for. How do I put into words the amount of thanks I have?

My health. I'm alive. I'm healthier than I have been in my whole life. For a few days in August I was pretty much on my death bed. But because Frank took me to the hospital when he did, saved my life and I got the help I so badly needed. Here I am 3 months later doing better than I ever have. Because I found out I was sick, and learned how to manage it all, I feel that I'll be better off in the long run. I also found out that I MIGHT be able to go back onto my parents health insurance. My fingers are crossed. I personally would save so much money. I'd keep the insurance I have as my back up, but use theirs as my primary. I hope it all works out.

Frank has just been the best this past year. We've just grown so much as a couple. It's just not a boyfriend and girlfriend living together anymore. It's much more than that. Though we haven't said our vows to witnesses. I've done and showed my vows to him. He's helped me so much with money and health costs and I've taken care of him when he hasn't felt good or just when he's hungry. We constantly give to each other. I know when our time comes to say those vows I'll cry like a little baby (especially the "in sickness and in health" part.) But I'll cry just knowing I've already promised him all of my love. That I'll be there for him no matter what. For better or for worse. For richer or for poorer. As long as we both shall live. He is my best friend and my everything. I couldn't be more thankful that I get to come home everyday and just know I get to see his face. To fall asleep next to him every night is the best feeling ever. A best friend that is just always there, and there for me. I have never felt judged by him. I can talk to him about anything and everything. I am so thankful for that.

I'm thankful for my friends and family that have supported me since I've been out here. It's no easy task keeping in touch with all of your friends that just happen to be 4000 miles away. I have lost a few because of it. As for family, I know what members really matter. Quality always wins over quantity. I even feel like I've been becoming close with some old, long time friends as well. It feels good. I'm looking forward to seeing most of these pretty faces in a few weeks.

Couldn't be more thankful for my job. Hard to believe that one year ago I was only working as a holiday sales person. That got me a job in the store I currently work at now. Just from being at 1969 I've grown and learned so much. Helps that I work with some amazing people as well.

Always thankful for God as he watches over me. Helping me through my day to day life. Giving me guidance with what ever I do. Listening to my prayers for Frank and so much more. Keeping me healthy and giving me a bright outlook on life.

"For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you..plans to give you hope and a future." 
- Jeremiah 23:11

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you have so much in your life to be thankful for this year.

    Good luck with all of the crazy shoppers this holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of my fave Bible verses. I know I've said it before but you're so lucky to have a guy like Frank!
    It's hard keeping in touch with people. My family is 250 miles away and even that is challenging. I try to visit them often but they never seem like i do enough! I'm glad you're healthier too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...