Bright and early Saturday morning we awoke (6AM) and headed over to Universal Studio's to do my diabetes walk. It was a great time! Out of the four members in my team, we raised just under $700. I can't thank the friends, family and coworkers for helping us out and donating to something that now means so much to me. Our little team, Too Sweet, is here below. I get the red hat for being a red strider. Shows that I am the diabetic. ((also.. I should never wear hats, but I will do so each year for my walks))
Walking through Universal was fun. We walked through the back lot of the park. You know, where they film The Office, all sorts of movies, etc etc. We took the back lot tour two years ago when we were just in El Ehh for 3 months (it's a ride for the park.) Now we live just a few miles down the road from there.
We enjoyed lunch at one of our favorite bars Laurel Tavern. We even arrived 20 minutes before they opened. I'd already been awake for six hours. This bar reminds us a lot of Toronto bars we'd go to. Brick walls with a bit of an industrial feel. Wood tables and floors. A wine and beer menu that is pretty exclusive. No Bud Lite for them. The food isn't your typical bar food either. They have all sorts of dishes not usually seen. My grilled cheese was filled with asiago cheese and pear. The sliders are a mini spicy sausage patty with some peppers. All so amazing. I'm not a beer drinker, but I can't pass up cider. A tasty pear cider to wash it all down. Delish. What's fun is that the menu changes pretty frequently, usually with the different seasons. Always something new to try.
I was pleased today that I finally sold ten pairs of jeans. Struggled in the past two weeks. I can't help that last week was just plain slow and the week before I ended up selling a butt load of leather and our exclusive Japanese puffer jacket. It's also nice when the people I'm helping out are so nice and grateful. Thanking me for taking the time to help them out, even if I was helping multiple people at once. It really does make my day when someone tells me I am so nice and helpful. I am there for all of my customers, but not everyone appreciates it.
A girl today told me I look just like Malin Ackerman. Now that I googled her I know who she is. What do you think?
Malin
Moi
Okay. We all know what I really look like. But I like this photo Frank snapped of me with his new photo film app for his iPhone tonight. I guess I can see the similarities in how someone may think I look like Malin. I believe when Frank and I were watching Couples Retreat a few months back, he said something about me looking like her.
Just gonna spend the rest of the evening now cuddled on the couch with my love. Eat some reindeer cookies and watch Parks and Rec. We've already enjoyed a yummy sushi dinner.
How was everyone's weekend?

Good for you for doing the diabetes walk and raising some money. I think you do look like Malin!
ReplyDeleteTHat's great you did the walk! That bar sounds sweet! Help me find some tall jeans :) You do look like Malin, which is a great thing! You're both beautiful :)
ReplyDeletep.s.-Ahh i want to walk where the Office is filmed!
ReplyDelete