Monday, January 24, 2011

Granny Squares

I follow a lot of crafty blogs. Lately I've felt the biggest urge to make something. I just didn't know what. Reading some blogs I saw a few girls finger knitting, and then I saw the granny square. What looked like to be (and is) a very easy crochet pattern. I looked at my pile of yarn and said to Frank, "I'm going to make a blanket."

I grabbed my crochet book that happened to have the pattern in it. Found my practice yarns and my hooks. Took a bit to figure out the pattern and what I was actually doing before I completed a practice square. Right after that I grabbed the three colors I wanted to use and went at it. 

Frank sneaking a pic of me as I read my instructions and work on my first square.

The first four of what will be.. well a lot! 

 The biggest square is how big all of the squares will end up being.
I started with three layers, but thought it needed to be bigger, not making a scarf here.

Yep, me being a dork taking myspace pics with my square.

It's obvious I need a life.
Don't mind my fraggledness, I just got home from work.

I'm excited. Frank is too. He's already decided he wants the blanket to go on our bed because the colors "match" our duvet cover. The greens off, but the white and brown match perfectly. 

If you know how to crochet you can whip out a full square in 20 min. I'll have to time myself. I'm not even sure how long I worked on them last night. I know I stopped just before midnight, but I think I was going at it for at least 2 maybe 3 hours. If this turns out good, who knows what I'll do. Maybe I'll make and sell them. Who wants an blanket?

3 comments:

  1. Wow I would have never knitted anything that good.kinda slow on instruction lol:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow those look really good for your first squares! :) A blanket will be awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to learn how to knit so bad, looking good so far

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...