Thank God it's Saturday and it's a day off. This past week was just way too long and very stressful. It was person after person being a douche, rude or just stupid. It includes drivers on the road. Granted the weather was beautiful. My fingers are crossed to having a better week starting tomorrow. With 35.5 hours of work I don't think I can handle another repeat.
Monday started off with a, more than strange, mother and daughter. They kept saying really awkward things but I couldn't figure out if they were serious or not. The mom asked if they could share the big room cause her daughter was "challenged" and the daughter responded with, "don't give her the wrong idea mom." Like what?! They hardly took my help and when it came time to ring up their purchase it got even stranger. Their Banana Republic card kept getting declined, along with an AMEX that was also used. They were visiting from out of state (AZ.) I tried to tell them that sometimes when you are out of state cards get declined. The bank or credit card company will see it as fraud and put a hold on it. The mom refused to believe it and kept telling me "no that's not possible." While the daughter stood beside here saying, "welcome to California mom. Everyone is rude here." Excuse me?! How does my help come off as rude. Your card is being declined and we're trying to figure out why. It doesn't help that your Arizona license expires in 2038. I'm pretty sure every state ID expires within five years of receiving it. Please tell me if I'm wrong.
Thursday comes. A group of three come into the store. The two girls I was working with, and myself each individually greeted them. They ignored us. It happens, and we deal with it. They start tearing up the store. Ripping jeans from their hangers and moving clothes around on the table. We all asked if they needed help finding sizes or if they'd like us to place their clothes off to the side so they were laying in the middle of our display. They continued to ignore us. The man in the group even told us that he felt like putting the jeans on the table and pushed the display out of the way for their stuff. One of the ladies starts trying on the jeans and they start discussing how they would change the jean. Obviously merchants, thats fine, but this is getting really weird. When my manager began to ring up their stuff, the ladies said just wait we need to take notes. They took down every style number, color, where the product was made, etc. Taking our stuff and copying it to make it theirs. So the ladies leave.
The man with them asks my manager if everything is alright with her. She told him she was just taking it all in, accepting how they trashed our store. He told her that the store is not a gallery. That he could shop in the store anyway he wanted to. He's shopped all over the world and has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on stuff, and how he received the worst customer service from us. I don't think so! She told him nicely that he needed to be respectful of the store because we have other customers that come in as well. He leaves, and I tell him to have a nice day in a condescending tone. Response: Go f*ck yourself. A few minutes later I'm in the back just making sure she's ok and I hear the guy. I get in the doorway and close the door and he shoves through me and snaps a picture with his Blackberry. You don't touch me. I had to bite my tongue so I wouldn't say anything nasty to this man.
After all this goes down I'm thinking. Why would you spend over a thousand dollars at our store if the service was so bad? To make it worse, he was French Canadian. If I could remember his company I would tell anyone to never shop it. He was the so called president. Thing probably would have ended differently had our GM been working. He's male.
I'm just glad it's all over with. Next week will be better.
Rant over.
Wow what a crazy week you had at work! I have no tolerance for people like that ughhh makes me mad!
ReplyDelete