Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Figured it Out?

This quarter life journey has not been easy. It has not been fun. I know there are hundreds of you out there that probably feel the same way. But I think I've reached a milestone. I'm not sure why or how it took me so long to figure it out, but I feel like I have. 

Visual Merchandising. *hits forehead*

After skyping with Frank's dad the other night and talking about what was going on with work. How I was really loving doing all the floor changes he mentioned to me about thinking about going into visuals. Huge eye opener. It involves being artistic. I've always had an eye for color and composition. I wondered before how to get into something that involved both. Here it is.

I've absolutely loved designing the sales floor. Designing the store windows myself. Getting that freedom to be creative. My days have just flown by while doing that. I've felt happier than I have in a while just doing that. 

But onto the next step. How do really get involved in it? How do I move up from where I am now? I know I can take classes, and even get a degree. But I know it's not needed. Experience is. Just where and how do I get that experience?

Any thoughts of feedback would be extremely welcomed.

1 comment:

  1. My mom had that job for quite a while! She would contact various stores asking if they needed someone to design their windows and/or their bags (this was in the 60s/70s so the shopping bags had graphics.) I would start looking around for or calling places for info. You never know until you ask!

    I am SO. EXCITED. FOR. YOU! Sounds like this would be a truly awesome job for you, lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...