Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

Today's ToT looked like fun, so I'm linking up with Roots and Rings and playing along.
1. When you are on a plane and the kid behind you is kicking your seat, what do you do? 
If it's a shorter flight and the kicking isn't TOO bad, then I don't say anything. But I'll start off saying something to the flight attendant. I have a problem with negative confrontation. I actually find adults to be worse at kicking seats. 


2. What food that you KNOW is bad for you and you shouldn’t have, but you love/eat it anyway?
Hmm, what isn't "bad" for a diabetic. Cookies. Chocolate chip cookies and cupcakes. I can never just say no. We can't keep cookies in the house because I'll eat them when I know i shouldn't.

3. What is your favorite book of all time?
I have read and re-read Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas. Fast read and so good.

4. If I came to visit you in your town, where would we eat?
There are a few places we just love. Laurel Tavern is our local spot. Not your typical bar food and beer place. The food is amazing and hardly deep fried (no beige food here.) And their drink menu is assorted local beers and wines. Of course you can order your favorite cocktail. 

Umami Burger is something everyone needs to experience. I'm not a beef burger eater, and I'll eat this. The size of the burger is small, but don't let that fool you. It is a dense, filling little thing. Personally I have a hard time finishing one. But how can you say no to a burger voted the best in the country? Simply, you can't. Three locations in LA vary different restaurant atmospheres, including one right off the boulevard. 

5. You have 500 dollars and 40 minutes to spend it at any store you want. Where do you go?
I know $500 wouldn't get me far in this store, but Anthropologie. That store is just beautiful.

6. What blog do you read every day/the most often?

7. What’s the longest you’ve ever been stuck at an airport?
I wouldn't say more than a few hours. Usually during layovers on trips across the country. Longest I think was maybe 5 hours on our family trip to Holland back in 2000. I have a short layover in Montreal coming up at the end of the month. Hoping an hour and a half is enough time to do customs, check and RE-check bags.

8. What’s your daily makeup/face/cleansing routine?
Morning - wake up and tone my face. Put The Body Shop's Vitamin E eye cream on followed by their Vitamin E face cream. Brush teeth and do make up.
Evening - Remove make up with a make up remover wipe. Wash face with Neutragena's Cooling face cleanser. Tone. Maybe put on some Body Shop Nighttime Tea Tree lotion. And some Vitamin E eye cream.
I use St. Ives Apricot exfoliator around 3 times a week also. Keeping my face smooth.

9. Where is your farthest away friend?
Toronto at the moment I believe.

10. Where is your favorite place to go hiking (or to enjoy nature)?
We are so lucky to have so many wonderful hiking and walking trails around us that we need to take more advantage of. We literally have 3 different parks/trails within a mile from us. There are some outside of Pasadena that are supposed to have pretty waterfalls and views. Same being said to some in the Malibu areas. We just need to explore them. Probably not during the hot, dry summer months though.

2 comments:

  1. Anthropologie is a great choice. i know I could spend hundreds there in less then 40 minutes! And thank you for the shout out! You are too sweet! <3

    OH and I just discovered these sugar free chocolate chip cookies that are amazing. I think I need to send you some! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way with snacks, I can easily eat a whole bag of chips or Goldfish crackers!
    I want one of those burgers :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...