Monday, October 24, 2011

Crazy, Busy, Life.

The past few weeks have been just a whirlwind of busy. Not all of it good. I sit here, writing this post, in Michigan. No, I'm not really visiting, but I'm not really staying either. 

Long story short. Frank and I are a bit of a break. We didn't say goodbye forever. Just for now. We have some things we need to work on as individuals. If we don't work on ourselves right now, then who knows where our future would even go. Or how long it would really last. We just want things to get better before it's too late. Who wants to take a break after 15 years of marriage and a family? I know some people do, but we just don't want to be that couple. I love him and he still loves me. It's not like anyone cheated or fell out of love. We just need to focus on our own independence right now. I would like to be back in California before the new year, even Christmas. 

When I end up back in LA, I decided I want a fresh start in what I do. I don't want to do retail. I want weekends off to focus and spend time with Frank. Explore that amazing city that we took advantage of for so long. Trips up the coast. Silly day trips to the La Brea Tar Pits. More hikes, see the waterfalls in Pasadena. Visit the Getty more frequently. Beach trips, even if it's chilly. Even walking around our quaint little neighborhood. I almost want to get a start and really make my shop a priority. Make that my  full time job. Especially if it starts off well. I also decided that I want to take photography classes. Can you take those with a "better than" point and shoot camera? I mean, it would just be to refresh my memory on how to take a "manual" photo. You know, F stop, exposure, ISO, white balance. All that jazz. Then possibly start with some freelance photography work.

I've sort of gotten a lead on my shop. I have a total of 3.25 scarves made! Yes the one quarter was needed, like I think the one I am currently working on is a quarter way done. I'll probably need more than the two balls I picked up at JoAnn's Saturday.  Kind of hope that they aren't in demand right away so I can whip up a few more before shipping. Thankfully I'll be shipping once a week to start. Maybe Thursday or Fridays? Franks going to design a cute little banner for it, and also some new buttons for my blog. Finally him and I are collaborating together. It's exciting, and I am quite excited.

Found an adorable little stamp and tags to use it on. My little purple 9 1/2" x 6" notebook has a page with a list that is just over half the page long of things to do before the first. Some will be done over the weekend. That includes name change for the blog, including the URL. Hope I don't lose all my comments. I'll definitely be keeping myself busy, just hope my bouts of ADD quit. I need to really focus.

Oh and Good Vibes premiers on Thursday on MTV at 10:30p EST (or local time if you get it)!! I'm so excited to watch. Seeing commercials just made the whole thing a reality. Something I've watched be created for the past year is finally about to air on national television. Not just that, but they have one of the best time slots on prime time TV. All the best shows are on Thursdays.

To finish this post. A silly picture of a tomato. Hope everyone has a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear that you guys had to make this tough decision, but I hope it works out for the best and you find what your looking for :)

    I know how sometimes you feel like you need to be alone and take care of yourself, I am kinda in the same situation (big surgery coming up next year) just remember to stay focused on what you want, and have realistic timeframes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear this Sam. I've been there too and went through a break like this. I think it's healthy and nothing you should fear. Everything will work out as it's supposed to, even if things seem hard right now. I wish I could give u a hug! Cute kitty. Are you talking about an Etsy shop? Stay strong, Jill

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...