Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Brave

So last week my mom asked me to find this CD that I received when I graduated high school at my churches grad banquet. In the mean time she started looking for songs that fit well for this years grad banquet ((my brother's a senior)) and found this song. She had me listen to it, and since then, I have been obsessed. So obsessed that I want to sing it at church.

It seems to hit home with me. Not the fact that I know a bunch of people graduating, and not just high school at that. But that I need to be brave when it comes time for me to go out in the world and start my new life. That I need to be brave to find a job and show them I'm good at it. Brave to find a new church and meet new good Christian friends. I want to show the world I am out there, and I'm out there to conquer and do big things, even though I don't know what it is for me yet.

4 comments:

  1. Sam...I say sing it at church!!! For sure!!! Talk to Mrs. J.....I am sure she would go for it!! You could even do a testimony or something before....just like you wrote in here. I think it would be awesome. Go for it. :)

    You are brave....and I love you for it!

    Love, Mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another thing......why don't you talk to someone at church about being on the praise team with some of the other young adults? I think you would enjoy that....and it would give you some more confidence in singing this song. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is something all to consider. My confidence really isn't up there to get out and sing in front of people again.. its been so long now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Squirt,

    I can only encourage you to sing. It is a beautiful talent that you have, let it out as it is never lost. We'd even spring for some tuning up with C. Webster if that will help boost your confidence. You have good things to say and show people, be brave Squirt.

    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...