Sunday, May 3, 2009

Proposition

Oh the ant. My first year, 3D project that had to be done. I loved the project so much that I actually had it hanging on my wall for the last 3 years. So here is what I was thinking...
Recently a family friend told me that this project would look good in a garden, and that people would pay money for one. So I got the idea to actually produce and sell wire bugs. They are actually a fair size, about the size of a small cat. This particular bug took about 8 - 12 hours of labor. That aspect comes in when it comes to price. Is asking $30.00 for one too much?
Opinions would be greatly appreciated! 
Thanks.

7 comments:

  1. I like the wire bug idea! Maybe you could use different colors of wire to make them more unique. Try selling a couple for $30 and see how that goes, my guess is over time when you perfect your bug-making process you can charge a lot more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30/8 = $3.75 an hour plus the costs of expenses, so that's not too much by any means. It looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jill i was actually thinking that color idea for certain bugs.. like dragonflies or flies.. things with wings.
    also why i wrote the post.. curious as to who would actually buy one.. but if 30 is too much or too little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam, that looks really awesome! I think $30.00 is a good price considering how long it takes you to make just one of them. Very original idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the others that $30 is very reasonable. I would say you could charge a little more, especially if you made them up ahead of time and sold them at an art fair like the Plymouth Art Fair. People would buy tons of them, and you could take orders for more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is a cute idea! And like the others said $30 is not unreasonable at all, especially considering the number of hours that you put into making one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think $30 is unreasonable at all... I've seen things not even as cool as that being sold for more at craft fairs and garden stores around here. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...