
AH! So much is going on right now I just don't know what to say.
However I did receive and award from the lovely Jill! She is an amazing person and I feel like her and I connect on the same level. If only we didn't live on opposite sides of the continent. She always leaves me encouraging and fun comments. Thank you so much Jill!
**Q&A's will be below the post**
I had my review with work today ((June 23)). It's a yearly thing they do with all the employees at the company. I am pleased to say that I had a very good review. Since I went from one store to another I had both of my general managers kinda take part in it. I was happy that my first manager said I was up to par with what goes on at Gap stores. I was hired for holiday and the comments she gave me made total sense. My current GA said that I have had an outstanding performance since starting at 1969. That my knowledge of the product to how I sell had gone way up. Lets just say it made me feel really good about myself. I love the experience's the Gap has given me in the last 9 months.
RIGHT.. soo I definitely started this post last Wednesday. Silly me to draft it and go off and do something else. Frank and I just got home from our weekend trip to Toronto last night. Was a great weekend. We got to see all of our friends and his family. The four days just flew right by. So thankful we got the opportunity to go together. After almost four years, this was our first flight together, and we live 4000 miles from our families.
RIGHT.. soo I definitely started this post last Wednesday. Silly me to draft it and go off and do something else. Frank and I just got home from our weekend trip to Toronto last night. Was a great weekend. We got to see all of our friends and his family. The four days just flew right by. So thankful we got the opportunity to go together. After almost four years, this was our first flight together, and we live 4000 miles from our families.
My class C girls. Where we all met 3 years ago.
And the three of us met in Art Fundie's at Sheridan.
Super Comments Award" Questions:
1. Why do you blog?
I blog because it's my journal. A very public journal at that. But I have always found that writing is a great way to get emotions and feelings out. I like that "strangers" read and show a genuine interest in my life. The comments and remarks you all say make me feel loved and special. Just how each and every one of you are just as special to me.
2. What are your 3 best memories?
How to put into words that are my THREE best memories. Here is a shot!
- Spending the summer here in Los Angeles with Frank in 2008. It was a test of the relationship to see if we could really handle living together. Earlier in the year we had gone through a few trials, but all went well when we started working with each other. It really welded our bond together.
- When I won the BBAC award back when I was a senior in high school. It was a huge honor to be recognized by the city of Birmingham, MI. To see my art hanging in a gallery was just an amazing feeling.
-And finally third. I went to this church retreat (I guess thats what you could call it) back when I was a junior, say 2005. It's called Chrysalis. All girls in a church with all clocks and windows covered up. You had no real sense of time. It was made for you to get a real sense and connection with God, no distractions of day to day life. I met some amazing girls that weekend that I really wish I had kept in touch with. We were written letters from family, friends and family members of the church. Reading those letters I felt so loved and wanted. It had been a bad year with my friend passing away. I kept all of those letters and made a scrapbook out of them. I go to to it and read them when I am feeling down about myself, or getting frustrated with life.
3.If you had to change your real name what would you change it to?
Well. I'd have to say I would love to change my last name. I've gotten used to some people calling me Samantha (really don't, it's Sam forever) I mean if I had to choose a new last name I would choose hmm, let me see. Macchia. I cannot wait for the day when I get to write my signature with that last name. Still waiting.... foreverr.
4.What are five things you can't live without?
- God
- Frank
- Money
- Music
- Family
5.What are the 4 best books you've ever read?
- Suzannes Diary for Nicholas : James Patterson
- The Last Song : Nicholas Sparks
- The Time Travelers Wife : Audrey Niffenegger
- The Notebook : Nicholas Sparks
6.Tell me something unique and interesting about yourself.
My tongue can touch my nose.
7.What do you love best about yourself? -
It's really hard to say. Back when I was younger I used to dislike almost everything about me. My long gangly legs with the added heigh. The lack of a bum. But that has seemed to all changed now. I have learned to love how long my legs are. I embrace my height by adding 4+ inches in heals or wedges. I was born with a great set of teeth, ears and eyes. Thats right, no braces. I love what God made me into. He knew from the beginning who I was going to be. I just needed a little faith.
8.What is the best movie ever made? -
The Little Mermaid. Hands down is my all time favorite. But other good ones include: Forrest Gump, Donnie Darko, Children of Men, Soylent Green, Beauty and the Beast, Moulin Rouge, and Elizabethtown.
9.If you had a "freaky friday" experience who would you trade places with and why?
I want to trade places with a male. I want to see how their day to day life is compared to mine. How does Frank see everything that I see? What does he think, feel etc?
10.What's the best part about being a woman?
Everything. Back in high school gym class the best way to skip out was to say you were on your period. Worked like a charm every time. We get to dress up and be pretty. We have fun options for clothes. Pretty skirts and rough jeans. Flowy tops and pretty bras. Make up and curling irons. It's all a lot of fun. My favorite is the shoes.
I award this blog to:
- The Girl Who Loves To Whine at I Know You Wish Your Life Was More Like Mine!
- Andhari at Insomniac Lolita
Thanks so much for all the kind words you leave me.
- Andhari at Insomniac Lolita
Thanks so much for all the kind words you leave me.


Sam! Thank you so much for the kind words :D I feel the same way! Why can't we live closer? :/
ReplyDeleteI liked learning more about you. That church retreat sounds like a great experience to really focus on God. We used to do fasts for famine (for World Vision to fight hunger)at our church where we all gathered and went 24 hours without eating. We always had a blast!
I have embraced being tall in recent years but it's still a pain finding tall jeans, can you hook me up with some Gap ones? haha
Do you ever get free stuff from work? You should totally do a giveaway sometime haha. I have never done one yet on my blog but I want to.
I love the Little Mermaid!
~Jill :D